Invitation for Bids (IFB)
COOPERATIVE REPUBLIC OF GUYANA
Ministry of Housing and Water, Central Housing and Planning Authority
41 Brickdam & United Nations Place, Stabroek, Georgetown, Region #4
- The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana represented by the Ministry of Housing and Water, Central Housing & Planning Authority (CHPA), Lot #41 Brickdam and United Nations Place, Stabroek, Georgetown, Region #4 invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the following project;
- Construction of Office Building for Central Housing and Planning Authority at Plantation Houston, Georgetown – PHASE 1 (Foundation and super structure)
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) process, specified in the Procurement Act 2003 and is open to all eligible bidders.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Housing and Water, Central Housing & Planning Authority; Projects Department (227-8886 / 226 – 1809) and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address mentioned above, from 09:00hrs – 15:30hrs.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English (electronic copy on a flask drive) may be purchased by interested bidders from the Central Housing and Planning Authority’s Cashier at 41 Brickdam and United Nations Place, Stabroek, Georgetown for a non – refundable amount of Ten Thousand Guyana Dollars ($10,000). The method of payment shall be cash.
- Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security as follows;
- For Bid prices up to $100 Million GYD a bid security of 2% of the bid price is required
- For Bid prices up to $500 Million to 999 GYD Million bid security – 5% of the bid price
- For Bid prices up to GYD1 Billion and above bid security – 1% of the bid price
- The delivery/construction period for the project is 6 months
- Envelopes shall:
- Contain the original (in paper) and 2 electronic copies (flash drive only) with an exact PDF version of the paper tender
- Clearly indicate the name of the contract
- Bear the warning “DO NOT OPEN BEFORE 09:00 HRS on Wednesday, November 23, 2022”
- Bids must be delivered to the Chairman, National Procurement and Tender Administration Board, Ministry of Finance (North Eastern Building), Main and Urquhart Street, Kingston, Georgetown, on or before 09:00 HRS on Wednesday, November 23, 2022.
- Late bids will be rejected.
- Bids will be opened physically at 09:00 hrs in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
- Contracts will be awarded to the lowest evaluated qualified bidder.
- Details of the Pre – Bid Meetings are depicted in the following table:
|1||Tuesday, November 15, 2022||Caneview and New 4 Lane junction||10:00 am||Site visit to determine access, logistics, traffic management etc.|
|2||Wednesday, November 16, 2022||CHPA Main Office Boardroom||10:00 am||PowerPoint presentation on evaluation criteria, environmental and social management requirements and all other pertinent information relating to filling out the bid.|
Chief Executive Officer
Central Housing & Planning Authority (CHPA)